Skip left navigation
Subscribe to Statistics email updates.
Explore other publications and websites
- Cigarette Smoking (Copyright © American Cancer Society) — This website provides statistical information on the prevalence of smoking and discusses the health risks, the effects of smoking, the ingredients in cigarettes, and the steps you can take to quit smoking.
- National Youth Tobacco Survey (NYTS) — This survey estimates the current use of tobacco products and selected indicators related to tobacco use among U.S. middle school and high school students. The online data can be used to produce national estimates of tobacco use by various demographic characteristics.
- Smokeless Tobacco Facts — This fact sheet provides an overview of chewing tobacco and snuff, as well as statistics about the health effects, usage, and smokeless tobacco industry.
- Smoking in Your State — This interactive graph has smoking statistics by state, such as how many people smoke, what cigarettes cost, and where smoking bans are in place.
- Trends in Tobacco Use (Copyright © American Lung Association) — This report provides statistical information on the prevalence of illness and death related to tobacco use in the United States.
Connect with other organizations
Content last updated July 16, 2012.
Resources last updated June 17, 2009.
Return to top