Skip left navigation
Subscribe to Statistics email updates.
Older adult health
Explore other publications and websites
- FastStats: Older Persons' Health — This fact sheet provides statistics about the health of older Americans. Topics include population estimates, life expectancy, health status, health risk factors, access to health care, health care utilization, and mortality.
- Healthy Aging: Helping People to Live Long and Productive Lives and Enjoy a Good Quality of Life — This Web page discusses the implications of an aging society in the United States, gives statistics and graphs about the issue, and has suggestions to promote healthy aging.
- Older Americans 2010: Key Indicators of Well-being — This report provides data on the overall status of the U.S. population age 65 and over, presents national indicators of well-being for this population, and monitors changes in these indicators over time.
- The State of Aging and Health in America — This report presents the most current national data available for older adults related to health status, health behaviors, preventive care and screening, and injuries.
- The State of Mental Health and Aging in America — This website has current data on mental health in persons older than 50. Topics include social and emotional support, depression, and life satisfaction.
Connect with other organizations
Content last updated: July 16, 2012.
Resources last updated: June 17, 2009.
Return to top