Planning and promoting your Meetup
Host a Meetup and be part of National Women’s Health Week! A National Women’s Health Week Meetup is an event or activity that promotes women’s health, and anyone can organize one. You’ll be joining hundreds of individuals and organizations across the country in an effort to help women lead longer, healthier, happier lives. Below are some ideas for types of National Women’s Health Week Meetups and ways to promote them.
Choose what you or your organization would like to do to celebrate National Women’s Health Week. Here are some ideas:
- Organize a 5K run or walk.
- Hold a free or reduced-cost health screening.
- Host a health fair.
- Host a dance, Zumba, yoga, or other group fitness class.
- Start a softball game, kickball game, or other sporting event.
- Host a healthy cooking class.
- Organize a potluck and ask everyone to bring a nutritious dish to share.
- Host a discussion on women’s health.
Return to top
It is important to promote your Meetup to make sure women and the people who support them know about it and sign up to attend. Spread the word by doing some or all of the following:
- Print a downloadable poster in English or Spanish. Hang the poster in your office cafeteria, local grocery store, library, coffee shop, and other locations to encourage people to attend your event.
- Email your friends, family, coworkers, and neighbors about your Meetup. Make sure you send them the unique URL by copying and pasting it from your Meetup’s page.
- Share the event on social media. Be sure to include the link, date, and time. Also, use the hashtag #NWHW on Twitter.
- Use Meetup to promote your event on social media. Once you create your event, or RSVP to an event, Meetup will offer to send out a message about it to your followers on Facebook and Twitter.
- Draft a notice about your Meetup for your local listserv.
- Contact your local newspaper to see if they’ll list it in the event calendar.
- Feature your Meetup information on your website or blog.
Return to top