National and local organizations are the heart of National Women's Health Week. They play a critical role in helping the Office on Women's Health celebrate the weeklong health initiative by promoting women's health and encouraging women to take steps for longer, healthier, happier lives.
Please note: The Office on Women's Health does not endorse private organizations that participate in activities in connection with National Women's Health Week or the products or services of such organizations. In addition, partnerships in support of National Women's Health Week do not equate to an overarching partnership or affiliation with the Office or HHS.
Federal Partners are other agencies and offices within the federal government that are committed to celebrating National Women's Health Week through various means, such as holding their own event(s) and/or sharing information about the Week with their stakeholders, on their websites, and through their social media channels.
National Partners are companies/organizations that are national in scope and reach, and are dedicated to celebrating National Women's Health Week through various means, such as by organizing events, creating unique programs and initiatives, and/or sharing information about the Week with their community, on their websites, and through their social media channels.
American Nurses Association
The American Nurses Association (ANA) is the only full-service professional organization representing the interests of the nation's 3.1 million registered nurses through its constituent and state nurses associations and its organizational affiliates. ANA is celebrating National Womenís Health Week (NWHW) by disseminating pertinent information and resources about NWHW and womenís health through its list serves, website, and social media, encouraging ANA members and all nurses to participate in NWHW events in their communities
American Sexual Health Association
The American Sexual Health Association (ASHA) is a trusted source of reliable information on sexual health and sexually transmitted diseases/infections. To celebrate National Women’s Health Week (NWHW), ASHA developed a NWHW banner for its website’s homepage. ASHA is also hosting a Twitter chat, sharing NWHW information through its Facebook and Twitter accounts, e-newsletter, and ASHA blog.
AOL, Inc. is a global leader in sourcing, creating, producing, and delivering high-quality, trusted, original content. It’s also a company that makes employee wellness a priority. AOL is supporting National Women’s Health Week (NWHW) by holding on-site health screenings for its employees, registering its 5K events, and sharing NWHW and National Women’s Checkup Day information on its corporate wellness website.
Bedsider is an online birth control support network for 18–29-year-old women operated by The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy. To spread the word about National Women's Health Week (NWHW), Bedsider devoted its May 10 Frisky Friday newsletter to the observance, outlining a list of things people can do to celebrate NWHW and linking to the website. The newsletter is shared through Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr. Bedsider members who read the NWHW Frisky Friday on Bedsider’s website will earn a special NWHW badge. On May 13, Bedsider's birth control reminder will focus on National Women's Checkup Day. Bedsider will also share NWHW messages through its social media channels.
Better Hearing Institute
Better Hearing Institute (BHI) is a not-for-profit that works to educate the public and medical profession on hearing loss, its treatment, and prevention. In support of National Women’s Health Week (NWHW), BHI issued a press release emphasizing the importance of addressing hearing loss to help women stay physically, cognitively, and socially active. BHI will also share NWHW information with its over 20,000 members of hearing healthcare professionals across the country and encourage them to hold and register NWHW events.
Capture Your 365
Capture Your 365 (CY365) is a blog that issues a monthly photo challenge and, using a prompt, asks followers and subscribers to take a picture of a different item each day of the month, then post their pictures to Instagram and other social media outlets. To celebrate National Women’s Health Week (NWHW,) CY365 will issue five prompts from May 12–18, focused on NWHW’s key prevention messages. CY365 will also share information about NWHW with its community through its newsletter.
Her Campus, an online community for college women, is celebrating National Women’s Health Week (NWHW) by sharing NWHW information on their website, and through their daily email newsletter and social media platforms. Her Campus is also hosting interactive student-run NWHW events across some of their over 200 campus chapters.
International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association
The International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA) is the global trade association serving the health and fitness industry, and is dedicated to creating a healthier, more prosperous world through the promotion of exercise and fitness. During May, many IHRSA clubs will reach out to their communities and promote National Women’s Health Week (NWHW) as part of the Get Active America! program. IHRSA will emphasize the important health benefits of regular exercise and promote NWHW through its social media and web channels.
Medela exists to enhance mother and baby health through the life-giving benefits of breastmilk. In honor of National Womenís Health Week (NWHW), Medela will host a free, interactive live chat on May 15 with a nurse and lactation consultant to provide tips for successful breastfeeding. Medela will also share NWHW information and messages through its social media channels, including more than 73,000 followers on Facebook.
Menís Health Network
Menís Health Network (MHN) is a national non-profit organization whose mission is to reach men and their families where they live, work, play, and pray with health prevention messages and tools, screening programs, educational materials, advocacy opportunities, and patient navigation. MHN is actively utilizing its social media channels, weekly newsletter Healthy E-Male and traditional media outreach to promote National Women's Health Week. MHN will also issue a press release on celebrating NWHW.
National Association of Community Health Centers
The National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance and expand access to quality, community-responsive health care for Americaís medically underserved and uninsured. NACHC represents the nationís network of more than 1,250 Federally Qualified Health Centers which serve over 22 million people across the United States. The organization is celebrating National Womenís Health Week (NWHW) by writing a NWHW news alert and posting it to the NACHC media page; writing an article for the NACHC blog promoting NWHW, National Womenís Checkup Day and the WOMAN Challenge; and sharing NWHW information through its Twitter and Facebook channels.
National Council of Negro Women
The National Council of Negro Women Inc. (NCNW) is a council of 29 affiliated national African-American women's organizations and over 240 community-based sections, connecting nearly four million women worldwide. For National Women’s Health Week, NCNW will coordinate a week of health related events for its members with the theme Healthy Choices, Healthy Lifestyles. The focal topics for these events include nutrition, obesity, HIV, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and wellness.
Society for Womenís Health Research
The Society for Womenís Health Research (SWHR), a national non-profit organization, is the thought leader in research on biological differences in disease, and is dedicated to transforming womenís health through science, advocacy, and education. During National Womenís Health Week (NWHW), SWHR is co-hosting two Twitter chats with medical experts; one chat covers breast health and cancer and the other is on sexual health and sexually transmitted infections. SWHR will also feature NWHW on their website and through their social media channels, and will publish a special NWHW edition of its monthly e-newsletter, featuring the latest womenís health news and events.
Spirit of Women
Spirit of Women is a nationwide coalition of hospitals, healthcare facilities, and healthcare providers. To celebrate National Women’s Health Week (NWHW), Spirit of Women will electronically distribute NWHW materials to its network of more than 400 healthcare facilities in 100 cities, including 12,000 active physicians and more than 76,000 consumer members. Spirit of Women will also post NWHW information online and will link to the NWHW website to provide additional information.
Talking About Men's Health
Talking About Menís Health (TAMH) is an independent blog featuring prominent authors and medical professionals promoting the health and well-being of men and their families by highlighting the latest in menís health policy, health and fitness, relationships, mental health, parenting and other relevant issues. For National Womenís Health Week (NWHW), TAMH is engaging its active online community through Twitter and Facebook about NWHW and the importance of women's health, and the vital role they play in setting healthy examples for the men in their lives.
Women Against Prostate Cancer
Women Against Prostate Cancer (WAPC) is a national organization that provides support for the millions of women affected by prostate cancer, and their families. For National Womenís Health Week (NWHW), WAPC will promote NWHW messages, such as healthy eating habits, regular exercise, and mental health management, to supporters and groups through social media.
Community Partners are companies/organizations at the local, state, or regional level that promote National Women's Health Week throughout their community by hosting events, developing outreach programs around women's health, engaging local media, issuing proclamations, and more. To be listed as a Community Partner, register your event.
- A Different Perspective
- A Healing Space Hypnotherapy With Marlene Hudson, CHt.
- Abiding Christ Lutheran Church
- Adelpha Breast Thermography
- Aerica Karriem, Int.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Ainahau O Kaleponi Hawaiian Civic Club
- Alliance Community Services
- Alpha and Omega HIV/AIDS Foundation
- American Cancer Society, Inc.
- American Diabetes Association
- American Indian Health and Family Services
- American Indian Health Service of Chicago
- American Kidney Fund
- American Lung Association
- American Sexual Health Association
- Anacostia Yogi
- AOL Inc
- APAIT Health Center
- Arizona Department of Health Services, Bureau of Women's and Children's Health
- Arizona State University
- Arkansas Department of Health-Women's Health Section
- Arlington Free Clinic
- Arthritis Foundation
- B'more for Healthy Babies-BCHD/FLBC
- BARKER MEMORIAL CATHEDRAL OF PRAISE
- Bartz- Altadonna Community Heath Center
- Benedict College Project WELL
- Betty C. Jung's Web site
- Big Bend AHEC
- Billings Clinic - Cody Diabetes Center
- Black Women for Wellness
- Bolivar Drug
- Bradford County Health Department
- Buncombe County Health and Human Services
- Burtis Chiropractic Center
- Cactus Health Clinic-FQHC
- Cal-Islanders Humanitarian Association
- California Maternal Mental Health Collaborative
- Calvary Apostolic Church
- Camarena Health
- Cambridge Health Alliance
- Campbell Chapel Women in Ministry
- Cancer Detection Programs: Every Woman Counts
- Caring Connections
- Carl Vogel Center
- Carolinas HealthCare System
- Center for Black Women's Wellness, Inc.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Central Montana Family Planning
- CHC Dr. Julio Palmieri Ferri, Inc.
- Chehalis Tribe
- Children's Diagnostic & Treatment Center, Inc.
- Children's Health Initiative of Orange County
- Christina Clarke Genco Foundation
- City of Cleveland Dept. of Public Health
- City of Hope CCARE
- City of Lawrence - Senior Center
- City of Vineland
- City Place Modern Dentistry and Orthodontics
- CityServ Arizona
- Clinica Tepeyac
- Clinicas del Camino Real, Inc.
- Coatesville Center for Community Health
- Colorado Sickle Cell Association Inc
- Community Health Center, Inc.
- Community Health Centers of Arkansas, Inc.
- Community Health Clinic. Inc
- Community Healthcare Network
- Coos County Women's Health Coalition
- Cornerstone Church of Christ/Pastor Reginald T. Johnson Jr.
- County of Orange - Supervisor Janet Nguyen Office
- Creative Therapeutics
- Crouse Hospital Chemical Dependency Treatment Services
- Curves Downtown Riverside
- Curves Keaau
- Curves Port Orchard
- Curves West Ashley
- Dallas Yoga Center
- Del Norte Community Health Center
- Deltas of Oak Ridge, Inc.
- Denver Broncos Boys & Girls Club
- Denver Public Central Library
- Denver Public Library -Montbello Branch
- DHMH-Bureau of Maternal and Child Health
- DHSS/Division of Public Health
- East Hawaii Perinatal LAC
- Equilibrium Fitness for Women
- Equopi's Healthcare Services
- Farmington Family Planning
- Flathead City-County Health Department
- Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano
- Frederick Memorial Hospital
- Fremont County Medical Reserve Corps
- Fulton County Women's Health Program
- George E. Wahlen Dept. of Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Gethsemane MBC/Wholistic Living CDC
- Girl Scouts of Western Washington
- Girls on the Run of the Rockies
- Guam Communications Network
- Guam Department of Public Health & Social Services
- Haitian American Community Coalition Inc
- Healing Our Community Collaborative, Inc. (HOCC)
- Healings In Motion
- Health Clinics of Utah
- Health Education and Promotion Council
- Health Equity Strategies
- HealthConnect One
- Healthy Start New Orleans
- Heartland Health Outreach Refugee Health Programs
- Hegg Memorial Health Center
- HERS Foundation
- HHS Center for Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships
- HHS Office on Women's Health-Region 10
- High Plains Community Health Center
- High Point Regional Health System
- Hip Chick Fitness
- HIV/AIDS Regional Resource Network
- Hoag Neuroscience Institute
- Hologic, Inc.
- Holy Cross Hospital
- Homeless Health Care Center
- Ideal Health LA LLC
- Independent Health Foundation
- Indian Health Service and Tribal sites
- Indiana State Department of Health
- Inkster Housing Resident Council
- Inner City Health Center
- Intuitive Surgical (a Women?sWorks event)
- JayCo Services Inc
- Jewish Community Center of San Francisco
- John C. Fremont Healthcare District
- K.I.Services, Inc.
- KA`U Local Area Consortium
- Kachemak Bay Family Planning Clinic
- Kailani's Wahines
- Kansas City CARE Clinic
- Kappa Epsilon
- La Esperanza: The Hope of the Pioneer Valley
- La Maestra Community Health Centers
- Las Vegas Hawaiian Civc Club
- Lau Kanaka No Hawai'i Hawaiian Civic Club of Arizona
- Lavaca Wellness Clinic
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Little Red Door Cancer Agency
- Maine Women's Health Campaign
- Maricopa County Oral Health Leaders Advocates & Resources
- Massasoit Community College Women's Resource Center
- McKenna New BraunFit
- Medical Center of Plano
- Mercy Care Forest
- Metro Community Provider Network
- Miami Obstetrics & Gynecology
- MidMichigan Health
- Midwest Center for Women's HealthCare
- Milwaukee Health Services, Inc.
- Minneola District Hospital
- Mirian Worthy Women's Health Center
- Mountain Comprehensive Health Corporation
- Munoz reunion
- My Second Chance, Inc.
- Nana's Wish
- National Community Pharmacists' Association - University of the Pacific Long School of Pharmacy
- National Kidney Foundation of Michigan
- National Ovarian Cancer Coalition
- NATIVE HEALTH
- Nebraska Office of Women's Health
- Nevada Health Centers
- New Hope Baptist Church
- New Jersey Primary Care Association
- New Mexico Department of Health
- New Vision Community Church
- NIH Office of Research on Women's Health
- Norfolk State University's Health and Wellness Initiative for Women
- Norma F. Pfriem Breast Care Center
- North Dakota State University
- North Shore-LIJ Health System
- Northwest Alabama Community Health Assoc.
- Oakland Black Women's Network
- Ochsner Medical Center Westbank
- Office of the District Attorney, County of Tulare
- Office on Women's Health Region VIII
- Oklahoma State Department of Health/MCH/PRHD
- Olson Center for Women's Health at UNMC
- Omicron Theta Chi
- One Love
- Open Door Health Services
- Options Clinic
- Orange County Tobacco Education Coalition
- Pacific Islander Cancer Survivors Network
- Pacific Islander Community (PIC) Health
- Pacific Islander Health Partnership (PIHP)
- Palos Community Hospital
- Peace Over Violence
- Pink Ribbon Club Foundation
- Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota
- Planned Parenthood of Southwestern Oregon
- Providence Center for Community Health Improvement- Faith Community Health Partnership
- Providence Holy Cross Faith Community Partnership
- Public Health Solutions WIC Program
- Randolph County Caring Community Partnership
- Raphael Health Center
- Region IX Office on Women's Health
- Rocky Mountain District Women in Ministry
- Rocky Mountain Vein Institute
- Ruby Lee Prevo Foundation
- Rural Communities Resource Center
- Russell Memorial CME
- Saint Elizabeth Regional Medical Center
- Samuel U. Rodgers Health Center
- Sanford Health
- Sea Mar Community Health Centers
- Seeds of Greatness Bible Church
- Service Builders Foundation, non-profit arm of Eta Iota Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority,
- Shands at the University of Florida
- Shorter Community AME Health Ministry
- Simi Valley Hospital Foundation
- SingleMoms Created4Change
- Sisterhood Agenda
- Sisters Who Are Powerful (SWAP)
- SKC Center for Prevention & Wellness
- South Central Family Health Center
- Sparrow Ionia Hospital
- Spectrum Health
- Spencer Hospital
- Sports Explorer
- St. Elizabeth Hospital
- St. Joseph's Hospital
- Stanford Cancer Institute, Community Partnership Program
- Sunrise Loveland Community Health Center
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure Orange County
- Sussex Gardens Apartments
- Synergy Services
- Tandy Health&Wellness/wateraerobics program
- Tarrant County Infant Mortality Network
- Tell Every Amazing Lady
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- The Church of the Redeemer Baptist Women's Ministry
- The Hope Heart Institute
- The Kitchen Salon
- The Medical Center of Central Georgia
- The Rosa M. Douglas Scholarship Foundation
- The San Diego Foundation
- THE TOWN OF CICERO HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- The Vitamin Shoppe
- The Vitamin Shoppe #460
- The Wellness Center of Northwest Jersey
- The Wellness Workshop
- The William F. Ryan Community Health Center
- The WISH Project - WISHFIT
- Thompson Health
- Tidewater Performance
- Tio Carlos
- Tommy Sablan
- Town & Country Sports and Health Club
- Tupua Productions
- UC Irvine Brain Repair Center, Orange County Stroke Rehab Network, and Chapman University
- UCLA Pacific Islander Student Association
- Unified Government Public Health Department/Wyandotte County
- United Blood Services
- United Church of Montbello
- United Community Outreach, Inc.
- United Neighbors, Inc.
- University of Arizona, Department of Psychiatry
- University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP)
- UNMC Center for Reducing Health Disparities
- UPS Health Fair
- VA Puget Sound Health Care
- Valley Crossroads SDA Church
- Valley Crossroads SDA Church Celebrate Recovery
- Vaping Vamps
- Ventanilla De Salud
- VHA New York Harbor Healthcare System
- Vitamin Shoppe
- Voluntary Benefit Services
- Volusia County Health Department
- Wayne State University Physician Group
- We Ting: The Next Generation
- West Coast Cancer Connection
- WESTERN WAYNE FAMILY HEALTH CENTER
- WESTMED Medical Group
- Westside Institute for Science and Education [WISE]
- Wisconsin Women's Health Foundation
- Women On Wellness
- Women Watch Afrika, Inc.
- Women's Health Group
- Women's Health Research Institute at Northwestern
- Women's Health Services
- Women's Wellness at Wyoming Migrant Health
- WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease
- World of Wellness Institute
- York-Poquoson Victim-Witness Assistance Program
- YWCA - North Orange County
- YWCA of Greater Lawrence
- YWCA Southeastern Massachusetts
Content last updated May 7, 2013.