Health Tip: Care for Your Mouthguard
(HealthDay News) -- A mouthguard helps prevent damage to your teeth and mouth during sports or other physical activity.
The American Dental Association suggests how to keep your mouthguard clean:
- Thoroughly brush the mouthguard with a toothbrush and toothpaste. Or at least rinse it before and after every use.
- Periodically wash the mouthguard in cool, soapy water and thoroughly rinse.
- Store and carry your mouthguard in a protective container that has openings for ventilation.
- Never put your mouthguard in hot water or in direct sunlight.
- Regularly inspect your mouthguard for wear and tear, and replace it when necessary.