Health Tip: Frame of Mind Key to Losing Weight
(HealthDay News) -- Losing weight is a challenge, but approaching it with the right frame of mind can help you succeed.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests how to prepare for losing weight:
- Focus on taking in enough food and drink to meet -- not exceed -- your body's caloric needs.
- Take time to plan meals and snacks to help you make better choices.
- Keep a record of your food intake and calories to help you stay on track.
- Focus on getting more exercise.
- Restrict calories you consume from added fats and sugars.
- Stick to small portion sizes, particularly for high-calorie foods.
- Eat at home more often; when you do eat out, make healthier choices.