Health Tip: Beat Boredom
(HealthDay News) -- Your desire for exercise may be waning if you're bored with the same old routine.
The American Council on Exercise suggests how to keep your workout fun and exciting:
- Make a quick, simple change to your routine, such as kickboxing instead of step aerobics, free weights instead of machines, or running, biking or hiking instead of working out indoors.
- Begin an entirely new activity or sport.
- Join a team sport or find a workout buddy.
- Begin a cross-training regimen that switches between cardiovascular, flexibility and weight-training exercises.
- Indulge in a new workout gadget.
- Treat yourself to a bit of time off, then get back to it.