Health Tip: Talking to Your Doctor About Weight
(HealthDay News) -- It can be embarrassing to talk with your doctor about weight. But he or she can help you choose a weight-loss plan, including specifics on any diet or lifestyle changes you'll need to make.
The Weight-Control Information Network offers these pointers for a weight-loss discussion between you and your physician:
- Prepare a list of questions before your visit and bring them with you. Bring a pen and paper to take notes.
- Ask a loved one to come with you for support.
- Be sure you clearly understand what your physician recommends. Ask questions if you need clarification.
- Ask the doctor to provide brochures or websites for more information.
- Ask for a referral to a registered dietitian, weight-loss program or support group.