Health Tip: Control Holiday Stress
(HealthDay News) -- Holiday stress can quickly spiral out of control. But you can take steps to keep your holidays merry and bright, not frantic and frazzled.
The Cleveland Clinic offers this advice:
- Don't push yourself too hard to find the "perfect" gift.
- Start shopping now so you're not rushed at the end of the season.
- Make family get-togethers simpler by cooking and freezing food ahead of time, buying prepared foods or asking each family member to bring a dish.
- Be selective in scheduling your time and attending events.
- Don't overeat or "pig out" on unhealthy foods. Make time for regular exercise.