Subscribe to Nov email updates.
Health Tip: Preventing Excess Gas
(HealthDay News) -- Excess gas in the digestive tract can make you feel bloated and uncomfortable.
The American Gastroenterological Association offers these suggestions to help prevent the condition:
- If you wear dentures, have your dentist check them to be sure they fit properly.
- Don't chew gum or eat hard candies, particularly those that contain sorbitol.
- Avoid eating foods that contain high fructose corn syrup. Also avoid carbonated drinks.
- Don't eat foods that tend to cause gas, such as cauliflower, broccoli, beans, bran and cabbage.
- If you are lactose-intolerant, restrict dairy products.
- Try exercise -- especially jogging, walking or calisthenics.