The most common symptoms of a stroke include:
- Numbness or weakness of face, arm, or leg, especially on only one side of the body
- Confusion or trouble speaking or understanding
- Trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Trouble walking, dizziness, or loss of balance or coordination
- Severe headache with no known cause
If you have or see someone having any stroke symptoms, call 9-1-1 right away. Every minute counts!
Even if symptoms don’t last long, the person still needs treatment. Even if symptoms are caused by some other health problem (like diabetes or dehydration), it’s best to call 9-1-1 if you have any stroke symptoms.