Skip left navigation
Subscribe to About Us email updates.
Region VII women's health agenda
To address the women's health concerns of this region, The Regional Office on Women's Health of the Office on Public Health and Science has established the following women's health initiatives:
- Promotion of collaborative efforts among federal, state, local and private entities that address women health
- Serving as a resource and providing g uidance and technical assistance to planning, advisory groups of state and local organizations which have a concern for women's health.
- Increasing awareness of women's health issues through presentations at conferences, workshops and other venues
- Disseminating educational materials throughout the region.
- Addressing the inequities in women's health care by promoting female health professionals and leadership
- Increasing awareness of violence against women and the impact it has on the community by disseminating an annually-updated domestic violence resource card
- Promoting healthier lifestyles by children and youth, including violence and drug abuse reduction, healthier habits, particularly exercises, good nutrition and not smoking
- Encouraging women of all ages to decrease their risks of developing diseases by exercising, eating right, getting regular check-ups, not smoking and taking care of themselves.
Content last updated November 01, 2005.
Return to top