Skip left navigation
Subscribe to About Us email updates.
Region VI women's health agenda
To address the women's health concerns of the region, Region VI has established the following women's health directives:
- To promote a comprehensive women's health agenda in Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas, that identifies the health needs of girls/women throughout the life-span.
- To promote women/girls comprehensive health initiatives which promotes healthy living choices.
- To educate consumers and professionals about the leading causes of diseases/illnesses in Region VI, esp. those conditions affecting women of color. These causes include: cardiovascular disease/stroke; cancer (lung, breast, and colon); diabetes, unintentional injuries, HIV/AIDS, intimate partner violence, and mental health (depression, suicide, substance abuse).
- To outreach to special populations, i.e., women in prison/jail, homeless, and immigrant women.
- To raise awareness of women's health issues, provide web-based resources, services, and information of health events held in the 5 state area.
Content last updated November 01, 2005.
Return to top