Skip left navigation
Subscribe to About Us email updates.
Region I women's health agenda
To address these health concerns, Region 1 has established a regional women's health agenda. The women's health priorities for Region I are:
- To act in an advisory capacity with representatives from each state public health entity and key regional federal program staff
- To promote awareness and appropriate responses to the impact of domestic violence in the workplace
- To promote reduction of breast and cervical cancer mortality in the Region by diagnosing breast and cervical cancer at earlier stages
- To co-facilitate the NECON (New England Conference on Health Promotion and Disease Prevention) Task Force on Women's Health and promote implementation of the Task Force recommendations.
- To increase awareness and region-wide prevention activities on cardiovascular disease in women through a Region I Summit
- To promote reduction of HIV transmission to women and advocate for appropriate prevention and treatment strategies.
Content last updated July 01, 2005.
Return to top