Subscribe to About Us email updates.
Over the years, the Office on Women's Health (OWH) has been recognized for the work we’ve done to improve the health and sense of well-being of all U.S. women and girls. Some of the awards our activities and programs have won are listed below.
• Our adolescent bone health campaign, Best Bones Forever!, received a Public Relations Society of America Silver Anvil Award for Best Government Public Service Campaign.
• The National Association of Government Communicators awarded Best Bones Forever! with a First Place Blue Pencil & Gold Screen Award for the best Branding/Rebranding Campaign.
• Under the Promotional Campaign category, National Women’s Health Week received a Blue Pencil & Gold Screen Award of Excellence from the National Association of Government Communicators.
• Womenshealth.gov won the Government Customer Support Excellence Award in the Customer Focus Excellence category. Our information referral center staff were recognized for their ability to handle sensitive calls while keeping callers calm and focused.
• Womenshealth.gov and girlshealth.gov were rated as top performers in the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) Survey. Womenshealth.gov was ranked first among all other federal websites in the "information and news" category and girlshealth.gov ranked in the top 10.
• The Office on Women's Health was rated as a top agency on Twitter (@womenshealth) by Federal Computer Week, which said, "This constantly updated feed features information on women's health issues that is often hard to find."
• Health magazine recognized @womenshealth (our Twitter feed) as a "health tweet you can trust" and told readers to "follow this feed."
• O, The Oprah Magazine, ranked womenshealth.gov as a top women's health website. Our cancer information was recommended by oprah.com and Paula A. Johnson, M.D., chief of the division of women's health at Brigham and Women's Hospital.
• Womenshealth.gov was mentioned on today.com in the article "20 Ways to Get Healthier for Free."
* For a complete list of our awards and recognition, please contact our marketing and outreach director.
Content last updated January 28, 2013.
Resources last updated January 28, 2013.